Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something To Ponder On..

From time to time, I can slip up and well, say some less than flattering things--things unbecoming of a lady and things unbecoming of a daughter of God. Taking the Lord's name in vain I am guilty of slipping from time to time. I instantly feel bad. I hate myself momentarily for it, etc. It just sounds so ugly. I was reading in Gordon B. Hinckley's book "Standing for Something" this evening--in the chapter on Civility. One thing he said really struck me to the core and really gave me something to think about... How can we utter the Lords name in vain (which is a derogatory thing to do) and then kneel to him and pray to him with the same mouth. It made me sad to think of how hypocritical it is... and how hurtful it is to HF... and how he must feel. Needless to say, I am going to work EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA hard on my language and my CIVILITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment