Monday, October 11, 2010

New Tradition

My friend's mother passed away in June of this year. Each and ever Sunday leading up to her death she would read a certain printed quote/prayer during the passing of the sacrament that she kept safely tucked inside her scriptures. It is simple but so powerful. I am excited to have a copy of it--placed in my scriptures--ready to read each week myself :)

"I wasn't perfect again this week. But I repent of my sins, and reaffirm my commitment to keep all the commandments. I promise to go back and try again, with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I still want and need the cleansing that comes through faith, repentance, and baptism. Please apply the atoning blood of Christ to my sins. Please extend my contract (covenant of baptism) for another week and grant me the continued blessings of the atonement and the companionship of the holy ghost."

No comments:

Post a Comment