Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Choosing sides

Recently I reached a major crossroads in my life. Do I believe and stay in the inactive rut I am in, or do I put my faith into action and choose the temple. It wasn't as hard to make the decision as I would have guessed... putting it into action and making the necessary sacrifices was. Changing friends was a first necessary step. Changing music, changing clothing, changing my word choices soon followed.

When it came down to it, there is no gray area in the gospel. It is clearly black and white. Thinking of my sweet (and sometimes obnoxious children) I can't help but to feel gratitude for my Heavenly Father for entrusting them to me, and at the same time, feeling a sense of duty to repay the debt and raise them to return to Him.

Yes, the choice was simple. "No man can serve two masters, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".

We are approaching the time to be sealed. In a matter of weeks we will be entering the temple, receiving our endowments, and making beautiful and sacred covenants with the Lord. I am embarking on a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts. I am journeying back to my Heavenly Father, one step at a time, with faith in every footstep!

1 comment:

  1. you are doing amazing laura, it has been great being there to watch you grow spiritually. You have changed so much in the time that I have known you, definitely for the better.

    ReplyDelete