Tuesday, October 5, 2010

GC- Oct 2010

Conference was amazingly wonderful. It couldn't have come at a more appropriate  time for me. I love being able to sit in the comfort of my own home and listen to the prophet and apostles speak to me. I am truly blessed. Technology rocks :)

One thing I learned the other night, was that the apostles are not assigned topics to speak on. They choose their own and I couldn't be more convinced that they are inspired men of God.  There was a particularly controversial talk given by Elder Packer regarding homosexuality. Given everything that is going on in the world, in the news media, in the political arena, and even TV shows... this is something that everyone takes so lightly and is practically entertained by it. It divides families, congregations, friends. The bible is clear on it. The proclamation to the word in regards to the family speaks against it, even our dear apostles and prophets speak on it, yet their words are twisted and corrupted and turned against them. It breaks my heart to see Satan working so hard against the church I love so much. I truly feel that he is trying to destroy the TRUE church of Christ from within.. dividing members and turning them against each other. A common argument that I have heard this week has been  "but I have family members who are gay", "I know someone who has tried to be straight but just cant because they weren't born that way". I call balderdash! This is a prime example of why we need to cling to our beliefs and the words of the prophets more than ever. They are divinely inspired men of God. We need to put off the natural man and learn that we can still love those who have strayed and still stay true to our values. In the words of my best friend "love the sinner, not the sin". Why does that have to be so difficult?!!?

I loved hearing of the new temples being announced. I love that small nations like the Philippines are getting another one. The missionary work is strong there in a sea of Catholic people. My sister in law is from there and after hearing stories, I know that they need the Lord now more than ever!

After feeling so weary from the weight of the world, conference came and left me with a heart so full and a spirit so strong that I feel I can take on the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment