Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stake Meeting

Today we had a special Stake Meeting (Conference). Elder D. Todd Chistofferson, one of the twelve apostles was in the area for leadership meetings and stayed to have a special meeting in our stake. It was so wonderful. It was just what I needed and I feel like I have been spiritually fed and uplifted in a major way. My testimony hasn't weakened at all by any means, but since I've been called to nursery and I now miss Sunday School and Relief Society, I feel like I have to work "extra" hard to keep it strong. I know that I can do the reading and study the lesson materials at home, but its just not the same and cant replace sitting in the peaceful church and being taught by another member who has prayed, studied, and been inspired on the lesson topic.

So yes, today was amazing. I loved being in the presence of an apostle. Aside from going to General Conference one time, about 10 years ago, I hadn't heard an apostle speak in person since I was about 9 years old. I was so glad I was able to take my children to see him speak. At the end of his talk, Elder Christofferson commented on the large number of youth and small children our stake had. He then asked the parents to stay behind so that he could meet and shake hands with each one of them. I was really touched by this. Aubrey was so proud to have met him. Afterwards she told me with much excitement: "I shook hands with one of Jesus' best friends mom!!" Ryan said: "Me love the 'postle, mamma." My heart melted. I feel so blessed to be the parent of two children with such sweet spirits and strong testimonies at such an early age.

I think one of the major highlights of Elder Christofferson's talk was when he bore his testimony. I can honestly say that I felt the truth of those words with every fiber of my being!! I am so ready to take on this next week. I feel so motivated, so moved, so strong and just so-- everything positive you could possibly think of!

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful! You're kids are going to remember that always! I remember as a little girl when President Hinkley did a regional conference, and we got to be in his presence. So spiritual and amazing!

    ReplyDelete